The Lee family started the Buffalo Rock Company in 1901 and it has been an iconic part of the beverage industry ever since. James C. Lee, III serves as Chairman and CEO and is a 4th generation Lee family member. Jimmy is a civic-minded leader and involved in the community, things he also expects of his leadership throughout his large company.
The mission of the Buffalo Rock Company is to be the premier provider of beverages and food products. We have 10 divisions inclusive of 2,100 employee-partners who are committed to this mission.
- Consumers who buy our products
- Customers who sell our products
- Employee-Partners who make it all happen (Recognition and reward)
- Personal development and continuous learning
- Empowerment, personal responsibility and accountability
- Continuous improvement of everything that we do
- Innovation and agility to meet market needs and achieve competitive advantage
- Decisions based on fact
- A safe and productive work environment
- Communities in which we live and work
With over 111 years of experience in the beverage industry, the company has been recognized throughout the years as an innovator and has won numerous industry awards; namely the Donald M. Kendall Bottler of the Year Award (the highest honor bestowed upon Pepsi Bottlers) as well being named Beverage Industry’s Bottler of the year (the highest recognition bestowed in the industry).
Buffalo Rock is the largest independent single shareholder owned Pepsi Bottler in the United States, the 3rd largest Sunkist; the 6th largest Dr Pepper and the 10th largest Canada Dry bottler in the nation. Some interesting facts about our company:
- We manufacture and sell almost a billion containers of product annually
- Our local facilities include 14 distribution centers that encompass over 1.4 million square feet on approximately 190 acres
- We service a population base of over 6.5 million and have 15,000 retail customers
- We have 80,000 pieces of equipment (Vendors, Cooler, Fountain units) in the marketplace
- Our fleet is approximately 1,800 units
- Our production facility houses 8 production lines under one roof
- We produce 12oz cans at speeds of 1,100 cans per minute and produce 20oz bottles at speeds of 900 bottles per minute
- 85% of everything we sell, we manufacture in Birmingham, Alabama
- The average tenure within our company is more than twice that of the national average
- 10% of our Employee-Partners are veterans of the US Armed Forces
We are proud to be a neighborhood company, made up of dedicated men and women who strive to be the best each and every day.